Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector
No matter who you are, you undoubtedly have a favorite hobby that you could easily spend all day occupying yourself with. From fishing to cooking to reading, we all have our vices and activities that calm and comfort us no matter what else is happening in the world.
If you’re in the market for a new hobby, you’ve come to the perfect place. Because perhaps, just like us, searching for treasures hidden in the earth will brighten your day with unexpected discoveries and bring a great sense of accomplishment to your present moment.
If you’re excited to get started in the metal detecting world but don’t have much background knowledge, then this Bounty Hunter Tracker IV review has all the guidance you need. Who knows, maybe you’ll find a new favorite pastime through this one of a kind, user-friendly metal detector!
GB Pro Specifications
|Dimensions:||45-53 inches long, adjustable|
|Weight:||Under 3 pounds|
|Waterproof:||Waterproof search coil available|
|Technology:||VLF Single Frequency|
|Coil:||8 inch, round, open|
|Power Source:||2 9-volt Alkaline Batteries|
|Headphones:||Included and volume-adjustable|
|Discrimination:||Adjustable, multiple tones|
|Ground Balance:||Automatic ground tracking|
There are some really incredible and useful features, attributes, and strengths of the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector.
Here are some of our favorite key points that we think makes this metal detector a great starter or addition to your collection.
- Great for Beginners – The simplicity of this device makes it a great starter for kids or anyone with basic interest! It’s easy to use, which allows people to start hunting quickly and find treasures without much fuss.
- Inexpensive – The price tag is the real seller for this device. It’s the cheapest device of this caliber available on the market, so even if you don’t continue your treasure hunting hobby you won’t have wasted a lot of money on expensive equipment
- Incredibly Lightweight – At under 3lbs, this really is a great device for kids or to keep in the back of your car for a quick hunting session when the mood strikes. Easy to travel with and easy to store. Can’t go wrong.
- Five Year Warranty – When a company offers a warranty like this, you can rest assured the product you’re investing in is well-made.
The Not So Good
As with all things, not everything can be sunshine and daffodils all the time. While this is overall a really great option for an affordable, beginner metal detector, there are certain features that could stand to be improved. We don’t think any of these are deal breakers, but you definitely should take them into consideration when you’re choosing the perfect metal detector to fit your specific needs.
- Not Many Settings – Even though the simplicity of this device adds to the charm and accessibility, it also can be limiting depending on your interests. The standard modes, while effective, can only detect so much, and the two knobs for sensitivity and discrimination adjustment don’t give the device the greatest range or versatility.
- Doesn’t Have Great Depth for Certain Terrain – While this may not be a deal breaker for many, there are certain types of terrain and certain varieties of treasures that may be harder to find with this detector. For example, we really enjoy collecting old coins which are generally found further under the earth. And while this model does a great job at finding modern coins that are closer to the surface level, we weren’t easily able to find anything buried deeper than 4-5 inches.
- You May Outgrow It – As with any beginner tool, you’ll likely reach a point where you feel the need to upgrade because your interests surpass the ability of the device. That being said, it’s still a great back up metal detector to keep handy in case your kids want to try detecting or a friend shows interest in the hobby.
Performance and Design
Above all else, a metal detector needs to do its job–or what’s the point? And the Bounty Hunter IV has all the necessary features to do the job well.
This device has three modes: all metals, full discrimination, and tone discrimination. Each works pretty well once you adjust to the device and understand how the settings work. With automatic ground balance, it’s easy to pick up the device and begin searching.
The two knobs make this device a breeze to adjust, with noticeable results and a great sensitivity to differing metals. It can easily distinguish between trash and genuine treasures. Lucky for all those individuals considering investing in the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, this device has design elements that look sleek and are incredibly user friendly.
Bounty Hunter Hardware Review
If you’re going to invest hard-earned money in something, you want to know that the item is well-made to work effectively for years to come with high-quality material.
Additionally, it’s important that that hardware is easy to use, adjust, and maintain. The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV has a standard, yet efficient, hardware system built to last. Made in the US and accompanied by a 5 year warranty, this device is sturdy without being heavy or overly clunky.
The device fit comfortably on our arms and, especially when the price is considered, is an extremely high-quality piece of equipment.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Video Reviews
While this device may not be suitable for professional or highly advanced hunters, it’s the perfect metal detector for hobbyists and beginners alike.
The weight and usability make it great for the whole family and the price is unbelievable for the quality. We definitely recommend the Bounty Hunter IV to anyone who wants to try their hand at this great hobby and find some truly unique treasures.