The Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Quick Silver Metal Detector is on the top of the list of the best entry level metal detectors available on the market. Its main selling point is its ease of operation – its simple and straight forward operation makes it a breeze to use for novices and budding enthusiasts.
Granted, the Bounty Hunter Quicksilver is a budget model made as an entry-level jumping-off-point machine for newcomers to the metal detecting game, so it is not without some quirks. However, Bounty Hunter as a brand is very much well-known for excellent quality machines – their entry-models are top-notch for their prices, which are set very competitively. In fact, the Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Quick Silver Metal Detector might just be the cheapest entry-level detector around. It’s perfect if you’re not particularly after any of the advanced models but still want some decent quality to your purchase.
Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Features
Another cool feature is its built-in pin pointer, handy for any type of metal detecting job. It also very usefully has a preset/default tuned ground balance feature that readily neutralizes any responses from the metals and minerals underground.
For easy interpretation and use, the Bounty Hunter Quicksilver also has a crisp and clear LCD screen that comes with a digital target identification indicator with four segments. Aside from visual cues, it also has a 3-tone audio feedback.
The Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Quicksilver Metal Detector has various useful features. These include:
• Operation at a nifty frequency of 7 KHz
• A lightweight frame at 2.8 lbs (1.3 kg)
• A convenient two 9 volt alkaline batteries power source; it’s worth noting batteries are not included in the purchase
• Fully compatible quarter-inch headphone/speaker jack
• Built-in audio feedback through machine’s speakers or plugged in headphones
• Button-activated discrimination feature with a single touch depth control function
• A crisp and clean LCD screen as a visual target system; its easy-to-view display is perfectly readable at different distances – perfect for metal detecting hobbyists at any height
• A conveniet “low battery” indicator feature
• Audio feedback with three varying tones for easier detection
• Ergonomic hardware has an comfortable armrest with padding, fully adjustable frame height, an S-shaped rod design, and a convenient detector stand
• A prest Ground Balance feature that is fully automatic to weed out any potential false signals – with the help of Bounty Hunter’s Squelch-Tech – as well as neutralizes any and all responses from mineral content underground
• A pinpointer that comes exceptionally handy in finding the exact location to dig for your targets and potential finds
• Great depth detection indication with up to three feet for larger targets and eight inches for smaller objects such as coins or minor relics
• Three modes of operation – a motion all-metal mode, a variable notch system detection mode, and progressive discrimination
It has very few settings that you have to tinker around with. As such, it’s quite easy to start using and is perfect for casual or novice hobbyists that might not want to make time to micro-manage or tweak any of the settings on their metal detector.
Hardware-wise, it’s extremely light, ergonomic, and highly compact. It’s a joy to carry around and use and doesn’t cause arm fatigue too early.
The mentioned detection features such as Ground Balance, Squelch Tech, and the pinpointer are all decently usable and works as advertised for the most part. False positives are kept to a minimum and content responses are decently accurate. Digging up valuable relics and treasures are quite easy with the Bounty Hunter Quicksilver. Not to mention that the included pinpointer comes with the product itself, saving you 69 USD from not having to buy a third-party pinpointer – which is usually the case for most other entry-level machines.
The LCD four-segment digital display features mixes in flawlessly with the three-tone audio indicators. Together, these two key features help users fine-tune and pinpoint any detected targets with great accuracy.
In short, it’s an all-around easy to use kind of machine.
Not to mention, the included 5 year warranty as is for a lot of other Bounty Hunter Models such as the Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV is a very good deal and just shows how much Bountry Hunter trusts in the quality of its products.
Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Video Review
The Bounty Hunter Quicksilver isn’t well suited to handling soils with high mineral content. In such conditions, its range falls short at four inches – a feat that also falls short in the quality department when compared to some other higher end metal detectors. Nonetheless, unless you’re a serious metal detecting enthusiast, doing field runs on such difficult environments don’t happen too often.
Although not the best metal detector, it does its job perfectly well considering the pricetag. If you’re looking for quality and affordability, this Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Quick Silver review concludes that this product might be perfect for you. It makes a great gift to yourself, or to friends or children you think might be interested in doing some metal detecting.